If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.

How to complain

Complaint Form

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If this is not possible and you wish to make a complaint please inform us as soon as possible – ideally within a matter a days. If that is not possible, your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

Complaints should be addressed to the Patient Liaison Team, The Roxton Practice, Pilgrim Primary Care Centre, Pelham Road, Immingham, DN40 1JW (Tel: 01469 572058). They will explain the complaints procedure to you and will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What will we do?

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. We will then fully investigate the matter and respond in a timely manner. In line with NHS complaints policy this will be no later than 6 months after the date it was received, though the majority of complainants should expect to receive a response in a much shorter timeframe.  If we expect it to take longer than 6 months we will write to you to explain the reason for the delay. When we look into your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances; make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned; make sure you receive an apology if this is appropriate, and take steps to make sure any problem does not arise again.

You will receive a final letter setting out the result of any practice investigations.

Complaining on behalf of someone else?

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Written consent from the patient will be required (unless there is incapacity through illness).


Alternatively, if you wish to submit your complaint directly to the commissioner of the service, Humber and North Yorkshire Integrated Care Board, you can do so via these details:

Telephone: 01904 555999 Email:

Post: The Experience Team, Humber and North Yorkshire ICB, Health Place, Wrawby Road, Brigg, DN20 8GS


Raising Concerns with the Care Quality Commission

The CQC is the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England. They may be contacted on 03000 616161 (

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you are still unhappy with the way that your complaint has been dealt with you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033